Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cleaning the Cupboards

Still trying to use up leftovers, I got my bake on as an exam de-stresser.

The first exam week creation was a fruit pizza. After my marine science exam I wanted something to cheer me up, so I used my last tortilla and the JUMBO kiwi I found at Food Lion (serious proof of people messing with foods) along with other leftover berries, grapes, cream cheese and orange marmalade.

This would cheer anyone up!

Then today I spent all day doing physics, and it was rainy and gross and depressing outside, so I made one of my favorite cold winter soups: Avoglemono Soup. This bowl of greek goodness has a chicken broth base with eggs to thicken it and lemon for an intense flavor. The orzo and the chicken add a hearty touch to stick to your ribs. Garnished with cilantro, of course.


Then, while doing French, an intense peanut butter craving hit me and I needed some chocolate too (oh dear), so I made some funky puppy chow out of puffed wheat and crushed shredded wheat. Instead of melting chocolate, I made the black bean brownie batter to mix into the dessert! It was even Allen-approved (and he doesn't like sweets).... Oh, and I made a huge mess while mixing it.


Two exams to go - just French tomorrow morning and physics saturday (worst Saturday of my life, waaaah, boooo, hisssss).


No comments:

Post a Comment