Sunday, November 18, 2012

Successful Pickling

I ate the carrots today with my lunch, you know, the ones I lacto-fermented... and they turned out to be great! They didn't have any bitterness or weird after taste; they were simply delicious pickled carrots. Maybe I'll make a tray of lacto-fermented veggies as an appetizer for Thanksgiving! According to my new cook book, it's a very good idea to have raw or fermented veggies before eating a meal with only cooked foods. I can't wait to try the process with cucumbers!

Last night after the last home football game - WE WON - Allen made me my FAVORITE turkey sloppy joes. For my birthday back in March, I had requested these as a birthday dinner and he thought it strange, but he ended up falling in love with them and now we make them all of the time!

Since he was manning the dinner preparations, I decided to make him that pizza bread he's been talking about. He bought whole-wheat artisan-style pizza crust, mozzarella, and pepperoni, so I threw it all together and made it look pretty by "braiding" the crust.


I baked it in the oven at 400 for roughly 12 minutes and he loved it :) Next time, extra pepperoni.


No comments:

Post a Comment