Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dinner under $1

You know those cold autumn evenings when you just wanna curl up in a blanket with a bowl of comfort food? I did that last night, with a bowl of what I call "oat goulash." Mmmm, it tastes like an italian risotto with the stewed tomatoes and herbs, farmer's market green beans and zucchini! AND, drum roll please, it probably cost me about 60 cents! Dessert was chocolate pudding.


I had a few extra minutes to get ready this morning since my class is only ten minutes away from my dorm, so I made a breakfast fruit pizza- pita bread (more like flatbread), spreadable swiss cheese, orange marmalade, and warmed gooey raspberries and blueberries! And as always, I enjoyed my greek yogurt with pumpkin seeds and a mocha.



Tonight I'm pumped to make my farmer's market spaghetti squash with pesto, roasted red peppers, and goat cheese (all local as well)! I'll try my best to post it tomorrow, because Thursday nights are dinner with Allen where we always make something HUGE and gourmet and finger lickin good.

... Note to self: find local farmer for MEAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment